By Institution of Engineering and Technology
The Innovation Awards recognise excellence across 16 categories, which span the breadth of science, engineering and technology. The free-to-enter, international annual awards scheme provides a unique opportunity for engineering inventors to showcase their brightest ideas.
Entries to the Information Technology category are welcomed from research, development, demonstration or early life phases of a new idea. Of particular interest are innovations that are capable of commercial exploitation; have valuable industrial application; or demonstrate advances in application development productivity, application security and reliability.
The Innovation Awards, now in their 10th year, are renowned for raising the profile of their winners and bringing them to a wider audience. Many former Innovation Awards winners report increased interest in their products as a result of winning the accolade, such as Actual Experience plc, who won the Information Technology Innovation Award in 2012; and floated the company on the stock market in early 2014.
Barry Brooks, President of the IET, said: “Innovation is essential for the growth and continued excellence of the engineering and technological world. Therefore the Innovation Awards are a fundamental part of the IET’s awards and sponsorship programme which last year provided over £500,000 to celebrate excellence and research in the sector and encourage the next generation of engineers. The IET is passionate about promoting engineering excellence and the Innovation Awards are a great opportunity to showcase some of the very best work taking place around the world.”
Each category of the Innovation Awards is independently judged by a panel of experts in that field, with the shortlist announced each October. The winners will be revealed at a black tie dinner and ceremony, hosted by BBC Click’s Kate Russell, taking place on 19 November 2014.
There are still some sponsorship opportunities available. Sponsorship of the Innovation Awards provides profile opportunities within the global engineering, science and technology community.
To find out more about the Innovation Awards, sponsorship opportunities or to submit an entry, please visit http://www.theiet.org/innovation. The deadline for entries is 25 July.
More about the IET:
• The IET is one of the world’s largest organisations for engineers and technicians. We have nearly 160,000 members in 127 countries around the world.
• The IET is working to engineer a better world. We inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community, supporting technology innovation to meet the needs of society.
• The IET is the Professional Home for Life® for engineers and technicians, and a trusted source of Essential Engineering Intelligence® and thought leadership.
• For more information, visit www.theiet.org
More about the IET Engineering Excellence Awards Series
• In 2013, the IET provided over £1,000,000 in awards, prizes and scholarships, to celebrate excellence and innovation in the sector and encourage the next generation of engineers and technicians.
• The IET will maintain this investment in 2014 with its portfolio of awards which includes Diamond Jubilee scholarships, Apprentice and Technician awards, scholarships in India, the Present around the World competition and the IET A F Harvey Engineering Research Prize.
• For more information visit http:/www.theiet.org/awards