By Matt Swan
Assessing millions of clicks and sales from affiliate programmes of some of the largest retailers in the UK, we have seen the share of tablet and handset traffic hit 35% at weekends, with an increasing share of that through smartphones. With one in every six clicks originating from a mobile handset, can you afford not to be mobile ready this Christmas?
• On Sunday 17th November 35% of traffic came through a mobile device. The iPhone and iPad were neck and neck with 13.4% each.
• With Cyber Monday (2nd December) fast approaching, mobile will play an increasingly important role in the peak trading period. We expect a significant increase on last year’s 6% share of sales through mobile handsets.
• Additional mobile peaks are widely anticipated. We traditionally see spikes in mobile traffic at the weekend and last year saw mobile performance peak on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
• With sales starting earlier than ever, the connected mobile consumer is a captive audience over the festive break.
• Mobile optimised sites have increased conversion rates significantly through handsets while also driving up average order values.
• Average order values through mobile handsets stood at £50 last December. Consumers are widely predicted to spend even more through mobile this year.
• Affiliate Window is the network with the highest proportion of its mobile activity tracked – standing at 95%. If you’re an advertiser running an affiliate campaign make sure your tracking is in place on your m-commerce platform.
• With the most comprehensive suite of mobile reporting tools available from any network, we make it easy to monitor your performance by device – from volumes of traffic to conversion rate and EPC by device.
Who is currently performing through mobile devices? Our top 20 retailers across mobile devices by percentage of sales are:
About the author
Matt Swan is Client Strategist at Affiliate Window. He works with advertisers to offer strategic advice to optimise campaigns. He also contributes to new business pitches and is an active member of the IAB AMC. Matt is a regular guest blogger on E-Consultancy and the A4U amongst other titles.
Part of the zanox Group, Affiliate Window is a global performance marketing network with offices in the UK & US. We develop proprietary technology to assist the performance of both advertisers and publishers. Our platform features social-style dashboards and the industry’s only comprehensive partner directory, allowing users to search and connect with each other in a seamless manner.
Affiliate Window is dedicated to the growth and development of the performance market place, helping to ensure that performance marketing becomes a key part of the marketing activities of our advertisers. We recognise the importance of generating incremental value for our advertisers, while ensuring our publishers have the best possible tools and services to succeed.